Saturday, January 26, 2008

Getting my Mustang Home, the Hard Way

On Monday I dropped my Mustang off at Ford to get the fender damage repaired. On Friday morning I got the call that is was fixed and ready for me to pick up. So I had a dilemma. How to retrieve my car. After a few failed phone calls to arrange a ride from my house, I decided just to drive my Toyota to the dealership, drive my Mustang home and then worry about getting the Toyota home later. So I left work at 10:30 and proceeded to do just that. Once back home, I thought the easiest way to get my car back was to ride my bike the 8 miles to Ford and then drive the Toyota home. It was a nice sunny day. After putting air in the tires of my bike that I hadn't ridden in some time, it took me about 25 minutes to bike to Ford, and somehow I made it the whole way without stopping! Most of the lights were green. Once I got back home, I took a quick shower, changed back into my work clothes and returned to work shortly after one. The whole ordeal made for a nice break in my work day, but next time I'll pre-arrange to have someone give me a ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need pictures.

OB

Homer Simpson said...

You know, I never took any "before" pictures of the damage. The body shop detailed the car inside and out, so it looks like new. With this weather, I'm keeping it in the garage.

Karen said...

So the mustang is back inside sanctuary once again.