Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yesterday Was Soooo Boring

I read that yesterday, Jan. 21th, was calculated to be the most depressing day of the year. I don't know if I was depressed, but I was bored out of my mind. After dropping my Mustang off to get the fender repaired (from last Summer's incident), I rode the courtesy van back home and had nothing planned for the rest of the day. So I brewed some coffee and proceeded to try to break a perfectly good computer setup. First, I installed the new MAC OS X Leopard on my Apple. This task did take much of my time, but overall it took almost two hours. The end result was a laptop that still worked, which is always good. I haven't had time to explore the upgrades offered by this new operating system.

My next project was to upgrade my wireless security from WEP to WPA-2. I kept reading how easy WEP as to crack, even with MAC address filtering, so I changed the settings on my wireless router, network camera and Apple computer to WPA-2, and somehow it all worked! My second try to break my computer setup failed. So as to not spend the whole day sitting around the house while it was raining outside, I went to the gym for a quick workout. These holidays where not everyone get the day off just aren't much fun.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Try being bored at an airport. You'll appreciate the boredom of home.