Saturday, January 19, 2008

So Much For my "Free Day"

I had planned today to be my "free day", meaning I had no specific plans. Somehow I ended up spending three hours cleaning up around my house this morning, including a complete cleaning of the washer and dryer closet area. There was big mess caused by my liquid detergent leaking down onto my dryer and the floor. It wasn't a dirty mess to clean, since it was just soap, but I had to use a putty knife to scrape up globs of detergent. I also cleaned the floor, took all the items off the shelf above, cleaned the shelf, lined it with a shelf liner and put all the various cleaning agents such as Windex and Pledge back up in an orderly arrangement. Then came the carpets and furniture, which got vacuumed and dusted (with Pledge!). Finally, I pulled both cars out of the garage and used the shop vacuum to clean the floors, and I put a few more boxes in the recycling container. Now I just started my 4th load of laundry, returned from the store and am ready for a relaxing nap. If I feel up to it, I might even go to the gym tonight, since tomorrow will be beer drinking and football watching day.

No comments: