Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Futurama Action Figures

Philip J. Fry The last of the presents I bought myself after Christmas arrived today. These action figures are produced by Toynami, a company that I have no other figures from. The first two figures in the new line of Futurama action figures are Fry and Dr. Zoidberg. Now that the show has new episodes coming out, at least on DVD only for now, I guess they thought it was a good time to revive the line. The boxes are heavier than I expected, meaning I might have to display them on a shelf.


John Zoidberg
The Fry figure looks almost identical to the one produced by MAC (Moore Action Collectibles)several years ago, which I guess it should since Fry looks the same in every episode. Dr. Zoidberg was never produced by MAC, but the designers at Toynami did a good job on his likeness too. The next figures to be released are Zapp, Leela, Bender and Kif. I guess if you get them all, each box has a part to build Robot Devil. That might temp me to open the boxes!

4 comments:

Karen said...

You'll have to order a second set of boxes!

Homer Simpson said...

Unlike my other action figures, the Futurama boxes can be opened without destroying the box. So I can open the box, remove the parts for the Devil Robot and re-seal the box.

Anonymous said...

Why dont you open the boxes? That is kinda a waste. I dont understand why people would waste $13 and then not open it.

Homer Simpson said...

That is a very good question, Dave. I can't explain why. I just like to display most of my action figures as they come in their boxes. Some I do open. But the real question is, "Why is a 41 year old man collecting toys?" Back in 1978 I got Star Wars action figures and played with them all the time. However, I was only 10 years old. I still have those figures too, on display right in front of me.