Monday, April 16, 2007

Ready To Leave The Camp

All packed up.

Before I even left my tent in the morning, I heard people packing up and leaving as quick as they could. They must of had enough of the wind. The true campers, pictured above, took their time and were in no hurry to leave, although it was a challenge packing up a tent when the wind kept trying to blow it away. I was told that the wind did blow one man's tent away and he ran across the campground chasing afer it. I must have been away at that time and missed what sounds like a comical event.

Even after taking our time to pack, we still left my 10:30 AM. A few of us then met at a restaurant in Julian for lunch. The temperature in the desert was in the mid-50s and when we stepped out of our cars in Julian it was 41 degrees! I was waiting for it to start snowing. It didn't snow, but the light rain was a little slushy. A 1/2 lb. cheese burger hit the spot, and once home and unpacked, it was time for a power nap. I'm looking forwards for more camping trips this year.

No comments: