Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Morning Hike - Not Enough Water

Wilderness It seemed like at great morning for a hike, and it was, I just didn't realize how warm it would be. I unknowingly drank all two liters of my water on the hike up Iron Mountain. At the top I drank half my Gatorade. As I was hiking down, I went for a sip of water and got nothing but air, causing me to choke. So my remaining Gatorade had to last me the three mile hike back down. Luckily I didn't get as hot, and made it to my car for a two hour round trip. I had added almost 10 pounds of weight to my backpack, and that was probably the reason I was drinking so much water. All part of my training for Mt. Whitney. (When are we going to start our group hikes, ThrillIsGone22?)

The photo I took, looking west, was not my first choice. I tried to photograph a squirrel looking for a handout. However, my cell phone camera's memory was full, due to me accidentally taking pictures of the inside of my pocket. By the time I erased all my photos, the squirrel was gone.

No comments: