Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mustang After one Day

So I get into my new car for the fist time to drive it off the dealer lot, turn the key and nothing happens! What am I doing wrong? After two more tries, the dealer opens the door and says "It won't start unless you press in the clutch." Boy do I feel like an idiot. I forgot I bought a stick, apparently, plus after driving an automatic for five years it is going to take a while getting used to a manual.

The car already had 12 miles on it, which seems like a lot considering nobody test drove it except the mechanic and the dealer took it to fill the gas tank. Yesterday I drove the car home and then later went for a short joy ride, so there are still very few miles on the car. Today it sat in the garage and since it should be raining for the next few days, I don't know when I'll be driving it next. I will eventually take a drive in the rain and will probably end up driving it to work more than once a week.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Now that's protecting a new car if you're leaving it in the garage because it's raining!