Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mt. Whitney

I have committed to climbing Mt. Whitney this summer! My friend who is organizing this adventure has submitted the necessary forms to request a hiking permit. I don't know if I will be able to make it too the summit due to my knee problem and the thin air. I have never been above 12,000 feet, and at that altitude I was feeling dizzy and had a headache. My doctor said that he will prescribe some pills that will help with the altitude sickness. We will go on numerous warm-up hikes, so I will know before hand if my knees will survive. I have been taking glucosamine daily for some time and it definitely helps, but it might not be enough. Perhaps some kind of knee brace plus good hiking boots and a hiking stick will help too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

The Whitney challenge! That will be a fun trip.

Homer Simpson said...

He is trying to get eight passes, so if you want to join us, there might be room.