Saturday, February 11, 2006

First Hike of 2006

Iron Mountain Yes, it was once again time to hike Iron Mountain. This is my first hike in the series of warm-up hikes for Mt. Whitney. For the first time recently I used a hiking stick - a ski pole. This seemed to help on the steep parts of the trail where big steps were necessary, but it also got in the way on the flat parts. I won't know if it help my knees until I wake up tomorrow. Next time I might try wearing some knee braces I bought a long time ago - if they still fit. I'm hoping these warm-up hikes help strengthen my muscles and not damage my knees, making the Mt. Whitney trek impossible. Time will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. Man do I miss Iron Mtn. Will need to get back ther ewhen I am in town again.

Homer Simpson said...

Good, no one wanted to hike with me - it is boring hiking alone.