Friday, March 13, 2009

50 Minutes Up, 7 at the top and 45 Minutes Down

Bushes, mountains and clouds
I made record time hiking up Iron Mountain today. Even though I have not hiked for a month or two, I have been biking. I left the trail-head at 1:40 and my goal was to reach the top by 2:30. I hiked up without stopping or looking at my watch. When I reached the peak, I looked at my watch and it was exactly 2:30!


Blooming Flowers on Iron Mountain
I spent seven minutes stretching, eating and taking a few photos before heading down. I was walking faster than usual, in one case to pass a couple that keep taking short-cuts by cutting the switchbacks, which is not only illegal but also ruins the maintained trail. Anyways, I did stop briefly on the way down to take a snapshot of the blue flowers blooming on the hill. Spring must be here.

No comments: