Saturday, September 20, 2008

Good Weather at Last

Small Ship I'm back home from my trip and this time the weather cooperated. The only delay was today leaving Miami due to a broken part on the engine. They fixed it, after one hour of sitting the plane, and then we arrived in LA after my connecting flight departed. So I got on the next flight to San Diego and I am now home.



The big event this weekend in Key West is the Poker Run, which attracts bikers from all over, or at least from Florida. This event is why the hotel rates doubled on Friday night. All evening and night long, you could hear the sound of Harleys cruising down the streets. We walked along Duval Street to check-out the bikes, as well as people dressed as pirates, which was also the theme of the weekend.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Friday was the official Talk Like a Pirate Day. Did you?

Homer Simpson said...

I actually did. I said "Arrrrr!" several times to the people I saw dressed as pirates.