Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dell 24 Inch LCD Monitor Broken

Well, after less than two year, my Dell 2407FPW Monitor stopped working, or at least the power button did, which makes the monitor useless if you can't turn it on. So today I finally got brave enough to call the Dell support phone number. Yes, it was as bad as they say, talking to someone in India who speaks broken English. I was able to understand them, but it took a while for them to understand my problem. It seems they deal mostly with people who buy Dell computer systems, not just a single monitor. After talking to three people, and being put on hold numerous times, I got a "Dispatch" and "Case" number. I still wasn't clear what that meant until I received an e-mail with all the information in it. I guess they will send me a new monitor and I will return my old one in the same box. Also, someone will call me in 3 days, but I'm not sure who or why. I must say, that the people I talked to were very nice, and said things like "I understand you are having a problem and might be frustrated, but I will do the best I can to help you.". Before I could hang up, they wanted me to talk to a supervisor, making it four people I had to deal with in the 30 minute phone call. So stay tuned to see what happens. If you search the Internet for "Dell Hell", you will find endless horror stories about Dell that drag on for months and include harassing phone calls from Dell finance. I knew it was a mistake buying a Dell, but there were no other companies that were selling 24 inch LCDs at a reasonable price.

3 comments:

Karen said...

30 minutes with Dell is still better than 46 with United.

Anonymous said...

Did you get your monitor fixed? I just cracked my LCD... on mine... now I am looking to replace the LCD... with no luck.

andrewd (at) the199.com

Homer Simpson said...

Dell sent me a "new" monitor, which was a refurbished one that was a slightly older version, but it works fine. I'll never buy from Dell again. Samsung and a 24 inch LCD monitor that you can get at Costco for $350. The only downside is that it does not have card reader or USB ports.