Sunday, September 07, 2008

40th for the Woodman

My friend had a small party last night at his house celebrating his 40th birthday. It was a small gathering with beer and food, the baked ziti prepared by his girlfriend being the main course.

This morning I woke up not feeling well (I shouldn't have smoked that cigar!) and spent the whole day watching football and baseball. I had to leave the house and go to the gym after the Chargers lost to work off my frustration and disappointment in how they played, plus I was feeling very lazy.

Now it is back to work, instead of Florida, where it looks like Ike will be missing Key West and hitting Cuba instead.

5 comments:

Karen said...

At least you weren't going to Haiti, it got totally flooded.

Anonymous said...

Had a cigar, huh. Woody at 40. Wow. Looks like we are all getting older. Did Marino just have a bd too?

Homer Simpson said...

Yes, SD Crooner had a BD in July, and will be preparing his 50th in two years. The rest of will follow celebrating the big "5" "0" soon after!

Anonymous said...

SD Crooner had a BD in August, the 31st to be exact. Remember, it's usually on Labor Day weekend. Shame on the giant man for that mistake.

Homer Simpson said...

Yes, I meant to say August, I was tired and confused.