Monday, February 18, 2008

A Very Cold Bike Ride

I tried waiting until it warmed up outside before taking my bike ride. The temperature was 55 degrees and I saw the sun peeking through the thin layer of gray clouds, so I decided it was a good time to go. I had just finished my first yoga workout from the DVD I bought last month. The workout was titled "Yoga for Stress Relief", and was approximately 50 minutes long. I was able to do most of the exercises, which mostly involved breathing techniques. The last "pose" was too much for me - I'm flexible but I'm not able to rest my head on my knees - yet. I'd say afterwards I did feel more relaxed, now if I can only get myself to continue the yoga and try some of the other workouts on the DVD. So back to the bike ride. The sun never did re-appear, and I was not dressed for the cold. The one steep hill on the eight mile ride did warm me up, but I froze on the downhills. After a nice hot shower I feel much better, ready for the day, whatever I have planned. Possibly starting my tax return? Too much fun.

2 comments:

Karen said...

A day off! I don't get to take this holiday. Bummer about the cold.

Homer Simpson said...

The sun did come out later in the afternoon and it warmed up to about 60.