Thursday, February 21, 2008

More High School Basketball

Last night a friend and I drove down to watch our friend coach his basketball team at Otay Ranch High School. First let me say that we won! I had never been to this school, or even the neighborhood. During a break, I talked to one of the cheerleader's mothers (who is my insurance agents wife, part of the 'G' clan), and she told me that the reason both cheerleading squads were sitting down in the stands was because last week the Otay Ranch cheerleaders started a fight with the opposing squad. What a tough group of girls! Then this morning I realized that Otay Ranch was one of the schools involved in the big soccer brawl last month with San Ysidro High. This Friday the game is at Torry Pines, a school where a big fight is less likely to happen, but the opposing team is much better.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You're in Otay. What more do you need to know? Cross the border one mile away and that's where the TJ drug weapons cache was found last month.

Karen said...

Where are the blogs? I know you've done stuff.