Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Time At the Rose Bowl

Me at the Rose Bowl
Yesterday for the first time I was at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. I (we) have season tickets for UCLA this year. For the past ten years my friend's and I have been going to SDSU games in San Diego, but since they haven't been winning and the games are boring, we decided to get tickets for a good college football team. The Rose Bowl is quite a bit further drive, but the fun and excitement of the game made it worth while.


Good food and beer
We arrived at the stadium in time to tailgate for over an hour, where we enjoyed BBQ grilled steak and chicken, plus of course, cold beer. We did get a little rain from the strange storm that hit California, and it did get quite cold as the game went on, but a little rain would never stop us from having fun, as you can see in this photo. Also, the parking lot is on the golf course, which is surprising. I would not want to play golf on this course come Sunday morning.




The game was high scoring, with most of the scoring done on big plays, like returing the kickoff for a touchdown. But more importantly, UCLA won 44 to 31! We left just before the game ended, but since the game started at 7:30, I didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning. Needless to say, I had a hard time waking up before 10 this morning, in time to watch the Charger game. I plan to go for a hike after the game to get some exercise this weekend, but then I'll be back in time to see the end of the Padres final home game of the regular season. Go Chargers and Padres!!!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

U!
C!
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
A!
UCLA!
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Both my boys can do the 8 clap and our dog is named Bruin.
Bring home some wins for us!