Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bike Ride Gone Bad


No, a bike chain is not supposed to look like this. Yesterday I was planning on going for a hike. This morning I decided on a bike ride. Unfortunately, I ended up doing both after my bike chain derailed. I put the chain back on and tried to ride but something was stuck. I looked back and saw this twisted mess. Even if I had bike repair tools with me, I could not have fixed a bent derailleur. So I was forced to walk my bike back home, which took one hour. Not a fun start to the day. After a short rest at home, I took my bike back to the Trek store. Since they just replaced a gear, and the bike derailed while changing into that gear, I'm going to argue that it should be fixed at no cost to me.


Edit: And to make the day even worse, I fall asleap after the Padres loose, just to wake up finding the Chargers loosing in the 4th quarter! What happened?!? I'm not even going to talk about the fiasco of yesterday's garage shelving project. At least my afternoon nap was nice. I think I need a Polish beer now.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yum, Polish beer! Bummer about your bike.

My blogger verification is ascii, kind of fitting for you.