Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Big Bang Bar



After leaving The Library on Sunday, we ventured outside and saw that there was a piano bar located below. So we walked down to check it out. There weren't many people inside, but there was live music in the form of dueling pianos. The two piano players were good, and after a while they were joined on stage by two more musicians, a singer and drummer. I was amazed at how many songs they knew, as the played almost all songs that were requested. I requested Just a Girl by No Doubt, which they didn't know but played Spider Web instead. As the night progressed, the place got very busy and entertaining. They called people up on stage who were celebrating birthdays and encouraged audience participation. After three hours we were ready to catch a cab and head back to the hotel. When the evening started, I was working on about 50% of my energy. I peaked at 110% but was quickly declining as the beer and sun took their toll.

No comments: