Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dennis French

Sadly, I just attended the services for Dennis French, who lost his battle with leukemia last Saturday. I didn't know Dennis that well, we worked together for two years, and I ran into him and his son a few times at the San Diego Comic-Con. I had been reading his wife's blog, where she reported on his daily progress. The church service was nice, set in a brightly lit chapel down in Bonita, a nice area I had never been to. Afterwards, everyone was invited over to their home for catered Mexican food. I didn't stay too long, and drove home and then hiked Iron Mt. at a good fast pace. It is 4:30 and the day has just flew by. Time to relax and watch some college basketball.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keith,

I found your blog while searching for Dennis' Obituary that I posted last year on the SD union (I did not save a copy). Thank you for mentioning him on your blog. I think I met you on the day of the funeral.

Homer Simpson said...

Yes, we did talk at your house after the funeral. I mentioned that I was reading your blog about Dennis and I had a blog of my own - and you found it! I hope you and your son and daughter are holding together.