Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bones, The 4400 and Alias

Time for a post about television shows. I saw an episode of The 4400 at this years Comic-con and it looked good enough to add to my "watch" list. After viewing several episodes, I decided that I just wasn't interested in what happened to the characters, so I stopped watching. Time to erase this show from my DVR (Digital Video Recorder).

Last year I had a few people tell me how good Alias is, so I watched every episode last season. Each time I felt that I was missing something. The plots were too confusing and each episode concluded too quickly. The last episode of the season was a cliff-hanger, so I watched the season premier, and once again I was confused by all the plot twists. I understand the concept of "suspension of belief", but nobody can travel around the world that quickly! Since I have five or six recorded episodes to watch, I may just give up on this series and delete them all.

Another show I saw for the first time at Comic-Con was Bones. This series showed promise: good actors and original story lines. I finally saw the second episode last night and felt that the show still has potential. With a little work on the acting, writing and directing I believe Bones could be a hit. However, that doesn't mean it won't be canceled.

I try to watch new shows, but end up sticking with the classics like The Simpsons and Charmed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no comment.

Karen said...

I gave up on the 4400 after the first 5 minutes and have still never seen an episode of Alias. The one show that probably will get canceled is the one I watch. "Bones" is not great but I'm hooked until it goes away. Sort of like "Tru Calling" where there are still the last three unaired episodes that never made it to television.