Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Expensive Car Day

I took today off work to get some chores done, and ended up spending way to much money on my car. First I took the car to Toyota for an oil change, and asked them to look at my brakes, which felt "funny" when I press them. Turns out the disc was warped and I needed a complete front-end brake job. They completed that work within an hour and now by breaks feel great. I was stopping just for the fun of it. After a quick lunch I drove to Costco to get my tires rotated, which they do for free since I bought my tires there. When I went to pick up my car they said that there was a nail in one tire and it couldn't be repaired because it was near the sidewall. However, they told me that another Costco had the tires in stock and they could pro-rate a new tire or even two so I wouldn't have just one new tire. So I drove to the next Costco and after they looked at my tires, I found out that because I have an all wheel drive car, they have to replace all the tires, they can't do just two. That was the bad news. The good news is that since my tires were about 50% worn, they gave me a set of four new tires at 50% off. So now I have a new set of tires that will hopefully last for 40,000 miles (which is a lot for me because of the way I drive). So after waiting for over four hours for car work to be done and driving all over town, I can finally enjoy my day off work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thars funny, I just went to Costco and had my tires rotated and they found a nail there too! But mine was fixable and not near my side wall. Cool that they prorated you. I love Costco!