Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Strange Men are Lurking Outside my House

Last night while I was watching baseball, I heard what sounded like someone walking towards my door. I looked and didn't see anyone, but then a voice said "It's me". I turned on the porch light and a poorly dressed man was standing there. He asked me if he could use my phone. Keeping my security screen door locked, I handed him my cordless phone under the opening. He looked like he dialed a number, listened and hung up. He said thanks for letting someone I don't know use my phone. I said "sure", but watched to make sure he left. I assume he was homeless and maybe looking for an easy steal to buy drugs, but he was very nice to me.

Then, tonight when I got home from work, I heard someone out on my patio. I opened the blinds and there was a man washing my windows! Well, I half expected him since he was the one who I talked to the night before (I got a free window cleaning with my new windows). However, he said he couldn't make it tonight and would call me. Today he said he had extra time, so after 2 hours he cleaned all my windows, inside and out, and did a great job.

Now on Thursday and Friday someone will be over to remove my "popcorn" ceiling. Hopefully he'll be done before I leave for my camping trip this weekend out in the hot desert, and hopefully no one will be lurking around my home while I'm gone.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is strange. I hope the media doesn't have to pick up the story of missing white computer guy!