Friday, June 24, 2005

Helpless at Breakfast

So I'm making my breakfast this morning and all I had to eat was a box of cold cereal. As a tried to open the tightly closed bag, it suddenly burst open and flakes went everywhere! What was a man like me to do? Go to Carl's Jr. and buy a breakfast burger. Boy, was it big and tasty (and greasy). I was also surprisingly happy with their new coffee. Perhaps better than Starbucks. Actually, the reason I ate breakfast there was at 7 AM the contractors arrived at my home to finish the ceiling work they started the day before. Having the day off work, I had to find something to do for six hours, and most stores don't open until 9 AM. I ended up in a bank parking lot resting in my car at 8:30 waiting for the doors to open. I must have looked suspicious setting there - I'm surprised the guard didn't ask me what I was doing. However, I eventually got all my chores done by the time the workers finished with their work at my home. That left me with plenty of time to get ready for my first camping trip of the year. I am going to the Colorado River, where the temperature is expected to rise to 106! Plenty of beer, water and beer will take care of that situation. Stay tuned for photos of this trip - if I survive.

No comments: