Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I'm Made in Korea?

Here is a well written article about how animation for The Simpsons is done in South Korea. Please don't let this news enrage your opinion about "out-sourcing" of American jobs to foreign countries. The way I see it, would you be willing to pay $10,000 for a new computer? That's what you'd have to pay if the computer and its parts were made in America - at least. Don't get me wrong, I support unions and well paying jobs, but I believe that the US also benefits when our citizens can afford cheap durable goods. It gives us more disposable income to be spent on fine dining and exotic vacations here in our own country. Do I know what I'm talking about? Perhaps. Just because I'm a computer programmer and not a economist doesn't mean I'm ignorant of other professions.

No comments: