Monday, March 07, 2005

Ionic Breeze Air Cleaner

I am looking to buy a better air cleaner, or two, for my house, since I suffer more and more from allergies. I was ready to buy an Ionic Breeze from Sharper Image until I started reading reviews. According to Consumer Reports, the Ionic Breeze is useless. They gave it the poorer rating in its ability to clean dust and smoke, and claim it only cleans an area of 2 sq. ft. (most room filters can clean 200 to 500) The author of an independent review I read on the internet said that the ozone created by the Ionic Breeze gave him sever headaches. According to Consumer Reports, the best air filter was the Friedrich C-90A followed by the Kenmore 83202. Yes, they do have filters that need to be replaced at a cost, but they also clean the air. So don't let that commercial for the Ionic Breeze that shows dust and smoke being pulled out the air fool you like it has too many people - don't buy one. I'll let you know what I end up buying and how I like it.

No comments: