Saturday, March 26, 2005

Spring Break 2005 - Day 4

We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale early enough to pre-checkin to our hotel, which was right on the beach. We drove to the park to see the Tampa Bay Devil Rays play the Baltimore Orioles. Sammy Sosa at batThis park was the least noteworthly one on the trip, however, we did have excellent seats behind homeplate. Nobody really cares about these two team, including us, so after a few beers and a sausage, we went to the hotel. For dinner we ate at Hooters, where the service was bad but the food was good. Steve asked the concierge where to go for a wild Spring Break experience and he directed us to the Baja Club downtown. We took a taxi there where we had a very interesting conversation with the Jamaican driver about American politics. The deal at the Baja club was with the $15 admission you get to drink for free all night. When we walked in there were only a handful of people there. However, it was only ten. We got our first free drink, a rum and coke, and found a place to eat. The main events for this night was foam dancing and a wet tee shirt contest. We came looking for decadence and debauchery and weren't leaving until we saw it. As the night went on the club got really crowded. It took awhile before people started to dance in the foam that was falling from above, but finally some brave party-goers jumped in. After watching them dance in the foam for about an hour, I had just enough to drink to jump in myself. I hadn't intended to do this, and was not dressed appropriately, but there I was, dancing in the foam. Foam Dancing I made many trips to the dance floor, slowing getting my cloths very wet, including my only pair of shoes. Around 2:30 AM they began the wet tee shirt contest. I won't go into detail, since this is a family-friendly blog, plus my memory of this night is slightly blurry (darn free drinks!), but this was the decadence we were looking for. So after the contest, we caught a cab back to the hotel and next thing I knew it was morning and boy did my head hurt. Day 5 had no baseball, just alligators.

No comments: