Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Recurring Dream, New Twist

The other night I had a dream with a recurring theme, but with a new twist. I have this dream like once a week where I start out at point 'A', and for some reason go to point 'B'. Then the rest of the dream I spend trying to return to point 'A'. Usually I start by driving a car, then for some reason I am riding a bike. Then I loose my bike and I'm walking. There is always something blocking me from getting back to point 'A', such as, all I have to do is go through a building, but as I do, I end up on an elevator that doesn't stop at the floor I need to go to. Another common dream I have is that I have the ability to levitate myself just by concentrating. In the dream I had recently, I was trying to get back to point 'A' while levitating in a small wooden chair. I made it to the top of a large cliff, or a waterfall, and was thinking of jumping off because I knew I could float, but then Godzilla showed up and I knew I couldn't get past him. He was about 100 Ft. tall and started walking towards me. Then he started talking and I tried talking to him, but in the end, I never made it off the cliff, and thus never got back to where I started from. Godzilla? What was I watching on TV before going to bed? I'm sure that this dream has meaning, but who cares. Remembering it in detail two days later is better than watching TV. I hope that in the future there will be a way to record dreams, with sound and video. My dreams are so weird, they could be turned into a television show like The Twilight Zone.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Homer! Glad to see you're keeping busy.