Sunday, November 21, 2004

Blog Obligation

I feel obligated to blog about my adventures last night. I didn't do anything remotely cultural like watching a movie or going to a museum, just a night of beer drinking and debauchery. My night was centered around the Aztec football game. We had seven people this time, and the more people the more fun you will have. We al met at my friends house, piled into his Ford Expedetion and drove to the stadium. After 1 1/2 of beer drinking at the tailgate party, we headed into the stadium to watch the game. First stop, the bar to get a beer. As we headed to our seats, I had to make a pitstop. By the time I got to my seat, three of my friends had just walked on to the field! On of them had a green pass from the tailgate party, and for some reason security thought this was a field pass. My other two friends just kind of followed him on - one was carrying a beer. They spent the first half watching the game on the UNLV sidelines, talking to the players and making numerous cell phone calls, you know, like people do at a sporting events when they are on TV. As the first half ended and the players headed to the locker room, my one friend high-fived the UNLV coach, John Robinson, who was coaching his last game ever. Then two of my friends headed into the locker room with the team. On ended up leaving after he got the football he earlier grabbed taken away. The other listened to the coach give his half-time speech. Once we all got back together, it was another trip to the bar before we headed home at the start of the 3rd quarter. Yes, we had a designated driver.

Next we headed to a bar in Escondido called Woody's, where someone knew a band was playing. We hung out there for a while drinking beer and playing foosball. We left two friends there and traveled to RB to get some Mexican food. I got a Monster burrito, and big it was. Our next stop was the local bar called McGee's. Here we sat for five minutes without drinking beer before going back to our starting point. Two more people left, and us last three watched some HBO on-demand, drinking water.

This morning I woke up with a headache and to the sound of thunder. I haven't heard thunder that loud in a long time. The storm lasted around 20 minutes with heavy rain and some hail. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go to the gym or just sit and watch football all day. The Chargers play the Raider this afternoon. Oh yes, the Aztecs ended up winning, with a season record of 4-7. We'll do better next year.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Monster burrito, big it was, yes. Yoda.