Thursday, November 11, 2004

New Anya and Tara Figures

Hell's Bells AnyaI arrived back home this morning after running some chores and was at first shocked that on my front porch my mat had been moved and draped over a box. My first though was, "Oh my, someone has placed a bomb on my step and I'm about to be blown up!". Then my shock and horror changed to joy and excitement when I realized that the box was a package from Diamond Select Toys that I was expecting. The box contained six action figures from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer series VI, Fear Itself Anya including five variants of Anya and one Tara figure. These are the first new figures since the six Willows were released earlier this year. AnyankaThere are three other Tara variants that I did not buy, mostly because they all looked the same and Anya is a more interesting character than Tara, as you can see by these pictures I took. New Moon Rising TaraTaking photos of the figures in their boxes is not easy. The light reflects of the plastic creating a glare, plus the camera wants to focus on the plastic, not the figure inside. Once More With Feeling Anya My next project will be finding space on my wall to display my new figures. As someone once pointed out, I have plenty of open wall space, but I'm determined to keep my toy collection in my two extra rooms. I want the rest of my house to look semi-normal. Season 5 AnyaThe solution seems to be that I need a bigger house! So what's next in the Buffy/Angle line? Spike and Darla figures early next year, and just announced for mid-2005, Wesley and Lorne. Then the year will end with one more Buffy line of figures where we will hopefully get maybe a new Buffy and Dawn. Until then, happy collecting!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Those turned out better than normal. Good luck with the wall space.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog via a link on the posting boards for the Buffy figures. I was wondering how your Hells Bells Anya figure looked up close. I got mine today and the paint job just looks awful to me. Any info (or close up pics maybe :-) ) would be swell. Thanks so much. gwagnereiu@hotmail.com