Friday, September 24, 2004

Key West Trip

I am back from my trip to Key West. I left for home earlier than planned for two reasons. The first was to beat the rush of people fleeing hurricane Jeanne, and the second was to get home in time for the Festival of Beers. I did avoid the hurricane, however, I'm too tired to go downtown drinking tonight. I have been awake since 3 AM West Coast time and have spent the last 12 hours in airports and on airplanes. Because I changed my flights at the last minute, I had to fly home through Dallas. There were no delays, but the only food they served was a small bag of pretzels. Talk about cheap! Good thing I had a turkey sandwich in Dallas.

My time in Key West went by quickly. I actually got tons of sleep due to my work schedule being shifted to the afternoon and evenings. I got my fill of local food including an excellent pecan crusted Mahi-Mahi dinner and a Willie Burger, which is a hamburger in a croissant with cheese. Tomorrow it is off to root on the Aztecs at the Q.

No comments: