Saturday, September 11, 2004

Ivan ruined my trip

No thanks to hurricane Ivan, I will not be traveling to Key West on Monday. My trip was postponed for one week, and even that trip might be delayed if there is substantial damage on the island. If I go as planned, I will miss the 10th annual San Diego Festival of Beer. True, I can drink all the beer I want when in Key West, but it is more fun to sample a variety of beers in the festive Downtown atmosphere with fellow beer drinkers than it is to hang-out with co-workers on a tropical island. Not that I don't enjoy going to dinner with them, but I end up looking like an alcoholic after I finish my 4th pint of Guinness at Finnegan's Wake. Well, now it is time to escape this sauna I call a house and search for a cooler place to relax.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Crap! If you miss the Festival of Beers, then so do I! No worries, your trip will probably be delayed again.

Hagfish said...

You're a funny man. Very.