Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fred On 44 is No More

It looks like XM Radio made some major changes to its channel lineup and names, most likely due to the merger with Sirius Radio. The changes are for the better, I think. Now the channel names make since. Fred was changed to "1st Wave", Ethel to "Alt Nation" and Lucy to "Lithium". New channels include BBC One Radio, Margaritaville and Led Zeppelin Radio. I'll have to go though my 30 presets and make sure I have the newest and best stations chosen. I must admit, did like having channels named after three of the characters in I Love Lucy, even if that was unintentional.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred is (was?) my #2 preset. I always wondered why there was no Ricky.

OB

Homer Simpson said...

The XM stations seem to be playing the same type of music, so that's good. Some stations didn't change names, like The Loft.

Karen said...

I wonder if United Airlines is going to change their music menu to match the new names. As of last week, the XM names were still Fred, Lucy, and so on.

Anonymous said...

The Loft is my #1 setting so that's good.

OB