Saturday, November 08, 2008

Disjointed long weekend

This is a three-day weekend for me, but I have Tuesday off for Veteran's Day. Many of my co-workers are taking Monday off, but I'll be going to work because I have lots of work to do and I want to save my vacation time.

It's less two weeks before I fly to Italy. I keep running into people who have recently been to Rome and other cities in Italy and they all had a great time. The young woman who assisted my dentist with replacing two old fillings just took a cruise to Italy and visited Rome, Florance and Pompeii. She said make sure your camera has room for lots of photos because there is so much interesting sites to photograph.

I've been quiet about the election results, and have decided not to move to Canada for four years. Let's see what Obama can do in four years. Many people believe no body could do worse than Bush, but I still don't blame him for this temporary economic downturn. Given time, it will all sort itself out. Banks will recover, home prices will adjust and stocks will go back up.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Go Obama and go Rome!

Anonymous said...

My two bosses raved about Rome tonight at an Italian resturant. They said one week is not enough time. I didn't tell them we were going to Florence also.

Chicago is going Obama crazy.

OB

Bonnie Martin said...

Enjoy Italy! I'm glad your not moving to Canada! Bonnie

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a nice time. When my uncle was there, he brought back a wine bottle from a family owned business that has the same last name as mine. I have heard that the name is as common as Smith and Jones.