Saturday, January 13, 2007

LOVE

My friend who organized the birthday Vegas trip for his wife managed to get 14 seats in a row to see LOVE. This was actually the first big show I've seen in Las Vegas. I never had an urge to see a Cirque du Soleil show, but everybody says they are great. Since this one had remixed music by The Beatles, I figured it would be good. And yes, I really like the show. It was a 90 minute visual and audio experience. Sir George Martin and Giles Martin did a great job of remixing these classic songs. There was so much happening at once, it was hard to see it all. Performers dancing on the stage, climbing ropes up high in the room and driving Beatles (the car) across the floor. I was told afterwards by someone who has seen many Cirque du Soleils, that they are normally mostly circus acts. This one had more stage performances, which was fine by me. I'm glad I got to see the show and I would recommend it to everyone.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad you liked it. I've seen a lot of Cirque shows and after a while, they sort of seem the same. I would like to hear the music remixes on-stage though. Sounds like you had great seats too.

Homer Simpson said...

I plan on buying the soundtrack the music was so good.