Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Work in a Crazy Neighborhood

So I'm driving to the gym after work yesterday and there is this old lady "driving" her electric wheelchair down the middle of a very busy street. She is swaying her head back and forth, as cars pile up behind her. This morning I had to walk past a bunch of hippies who were protesting the war, as they carried signs, bells and a coffin draped with a flag. I felt like saying "Get out of my way, I have a job to get to, something you hippies don't know about". Well, at least that gave everybody at work something to talk about. Then, driving home today, a man was standing by the road with a huge bag full of bagels, and he was breaking pieces off and throwing them into the air above the road for the seagulls to eat. The dirty birds were flying everywhere, dropping the bread all over the place. I'm glad I wasn't driving my Mustang, not that it is currently very clean. Of course, this is the same neighborhood where police shot and killed a man with a stick, a man banging on a window and a naked man riding a bike. So crazy people beware, the cops will shoot you if your not careful.

No comments: