Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Eve Eve Hike

View From Hike Down
Looking Back at Top Today was such a nice day so I decided to attempt a hike of Mt. Woodson from Lake Poway. I figured that after three hikes in the last 2 months I was ready, and I was. I started from the parking lot a 10:23, arrived at the top after one food break, and then returned to my car at exactly 1:23. Three hours isn't bad, but now I'm paying for it. I pushed myself a little bit, and I can barely walk. My knees are fine, but my leg muscles are very sore. Overall, it was a good hike, with mild temps and a great view, plus the trail was very uncrowded. I was the only one at the top for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did your New Year's Eve hike a day early.

Brad

Homer Simpson said...

No, notice the two "Eve's". No hiking tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Keith,

You still have time to drive to Vegas (if you want) I get off work at 6pm and dont have to be at work 'till 5 pm New Years day. Just a thought....By the way the pics of your hike look AWSOME! Wish I were there!

Mark

Anonymous said...

Ah, eve eve. didn't see that.

Brad