Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Hike

Looking west over San Diego I decided that today would be a great day for a hike up Iron Mountain, and apparently, so did everyone else in town. I thought that people would be spending time with their families on Christmas Eve, and they were, on the same trail I was hiking. Kids and dogs were everywhere, enjoying this crystal clear day outdoors. My goal was to hike up without stopping, which I did in 55 minutes. At the top, the visibility was unlimited. I could clearly see off to the horizon in all directions. I have never seen Downtown looks so clear, the view of the Pacific Ocean was amazing and the mountains off to the east were just as visible. After 10 minutes at the top, I headed down, making sure I was home in time for the Charger game.

No comments: