Sunday, October 23, 2005

Wilma Heads Towards Key West

I've always wanted to experience a (weak) hurricane for some crazy reason, and if I were still in Key West I'd get to ride though a strong one tonight. Wilma is heading more south towards the Keys, as 80% of the residence hunker down for the night. Since my next trip there isn't until next year, all damage should be repaired and life on the island back to normal. Speaking of bad weather (because there is nothing else to talk about), it has been so gloomy here that I feel like jumping off my roof Seattle style (not really). I guess this weather is better than exactly two years ago when the big fire driven by warm, dry Santa Ana winds forced me to evacuate by house.

2 comments:

Bkworm said...

Coming from someone who lives on the other side of the world, how exactly is jumping off the room in Seattle style like?? :)

Anonymous said...

You should be in Vegas right now. Clear and sunny @ 80 degrees!