Thursday, October 20, 2005

Gwen Stefani Solo Tour

Just got back from seeing Gwen Stefani on her "Harajuku Lovers" tour ( I still don't know what "Harajuku" means). It was a good concert, but nothing like No Doubt. The No Doubt concerts I've seen have more energy, and of course, more songs. Tonight Gwen Stefani basically just sung each song from her solo album, adding some extended endings and lots of "San Diego" shouts. What was missing from her songs were the guest vocals, like Eve on Rich Girl. That song just didn't sound the same live. However, the base player sang a few solo lines, and her voice was really strong and clear. I could have done without the break-dancers on the stage - I thought that died out in 1984! Anyways, I'm glad I went to the concert but now it is time for another No Doubt album and tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm Gwen Stefani......