Monday, February 21, 2005

Weather Update

After watching the news this evening, I found out that I was just yards away from a fatal accident. When I went shopping for my lights, there was a man down the road directing traffic away from the freeway, where I was headed. He indicated that I should not turn right, so I made funny, illegal u-turn and took a different road out. As I came home from my trip, I saw the tree that had fallen across the road earlier. As a waited to turn left onto my street, the Highway Patrol that was now directing traffic (the random man was gone) at that intersection suddenly sped off. Later, on the news, I saw that one block away from that intersection, another tree fell on a car killing the driver, which explains why the CHP officer suddenly sped away. This death happened so close to me it is scary. Makes you want to never leave your home.

No comments: