Monday, February 21, 2005

Rain, floods and lights

Am I tired of the rain in San Diego? No. I'm glad it's raining. I have been very worried about the recent drought, brought on perhaps by global warming. What if Southern California has a prolonged drought, there isn't enough water for everyone, people have to move away and can't sell their homes because who would buy them? It could happen. However, I spent 20 minutes sweeping water out of my garage. After 10 minutes, I realized that the water must be seeping in from underground, because every time I swept the water out, more appeared. Now that it stopped raining, the garage finally is drying out. About lights. I had to go to three stores just to buy four new fluorescence light. The first two had only one, so I didn't buy any. Home Depot basically kicked me out because they had to close the isle for safety reasons. So I ended up at Dixieline, one of my least favorite hardware stores, but they had the four lights I needed. Now my kitchen is once again well lit.

No comments: