Thursday, February 24, 2005

High School Basketball

During my high school years, I never went to one school sporting event (or dance, but that's a story for another day). In the past three years I have watched probably 20 high school basketball games. Why? My friend, call him Coach K, is the boys varsity basketball coach for a local high school. Me and other friends go to the games to support him and his team. The games are quite exciting when the fans start cheering and the game is close. Yesterday they won their 1st round playoff game, which made Coach K happy.

Last week they played against my alma mater, so I was a little bit torn. However, it seems that my old school is not well liked in their league. The game was very close the whole time and Coach K's team won after being down by 8 points with 30 seconds left in the game. Great entertainment for only $4 (that's $1/quarter).

No comments: