Monday, July 26, 2004

Comic-Con: Day 4

Sunday was the last day of the convention. I wanted to see two panels: Joss Whedon: Serenity and Wonderfalls: Unseen Episodes. Joss Whedon is always entertaining, and this year he had a surprise: the entire cast of his movie Serenity, which is based on his canceled TV show Firefly . The hall was packed with at least 6000 people, and he got a standing ovation - the biggest I've ever seen. When he announced the cast they also got a standing ovation. Lots of good questions were asked and the entire panel was obviously happy at the positive response from the fans. Looks like this movie will do well (unlike the poor response from the trailer for Anacondas, which got boos from the audiace in an earlier presentation.).

After that panel ended, I stuck around to watch two unaired episodes of Wonderfalls. Unfortunately most of the room left. I guess, as the producers put it, everyone who watched the show was in the room. They did some Fox TV bashing, but overall the three executive producers were upbeat about the future of Wonderfalls after its DVD release. The two episodes were just as good as the four that were broadcast. I will buy the DVD which will have all 13 episodes for sure.

Sadly, Comic-Con was over. I headed home with some Angel and Simpsons figures I had bought and got ready for my return to work after two weeks of vacation. Boy, am I exhausted!

1 comment:

Karen said...

When does Bender arrive?