Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Garage Door Opener

Sometime last week my automatic garage door opener broke. At first it would still open and shut the door, but when the door closed, the door immediately opened again, so I'd have to unplug the unit and manually lock the door, making it a real hassle to come and go. Then the opener just broke. I saw fine dust falling from the cracks in the enclosure, so I disengaged the lever and started to open and shut the door by hand. Luckily, the door was light, since I had a new garage door installed about six years ago. For the new opener, I called the same company that installed that door, All Pro Garage, and they arrived this morning and had it working in 45 minutes. This door has the sensors that will prevent the door from closing if something, like a cat, is blocking the beam. As a bonus, I now have too remotes. For years, I've had only one and kept having to move it between cars.

This weekend I'm going camping in Joshua Tree National Park again. My friend, Chris, turns 50 this weekend and he planned this trip. The weather looks good, with a high of 85 and a low of 50 in the desert. I will have photos to post on Monday.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Have fun in the desert. I've been living with one remote for over a year and it is such luxury to have 2 of them.