Sunday, October 19, 2008

Loi and Van Wedding Banquet

Loi and Van
Yes, I am rather tall in this photo. My friend at work, Loi, invited me and other co-workers to his wedding Banquet, which was basically the wedding reception. The invitation said the banquet began at 6PM, so of course I got there 10 minutes early. Loi and his wife were greeting everyone at the entrance and taking pictures. Because I was alone, the man on the right was added for symmetry. I sat at a table with other co-workers, and continued to sit as more and more people arrived. They finally finished the greetings around 7:30. There were so many people showing up, the employees at the International Seafood Restaurant 2 were setting up more tables. I'd guess there were over 300 people at the reception.

Around 8PM they began serving the eight-course meal. With each course, a large plate was placed on the lazy Susan, and we each took turns filling our plates with fish, rice, duck, soup, more fish and finally cake. During the meal, a live band was playing, the bride and groom made there way around the tables to thank all the guests, and the whole event was being filmed by a professional crew and many photos were taken. It was a fun evening and I thank Loi for inviting me and hope he and his wife have fun on their honeymoon.

No comments: