Thursday, August 17, 2006

Travel Delays in Miami

Well now it was my time for some travel delays. My flight from Key West to Miami was on-time. Then in Miami everyone boarded the plane and after ten minutes the pilot said there would be a delay while the automated landing system is checked. Then, after another 15 minutes he said they were checking the engine. Then after another 20 minutes he announced that the plane was being taken out of service but the flight wasn't canceled. First they told us to stay on the plane until they determined if there was another plane available, then they made everyone de-plane and stand in a very long, slow moving line to re-book. The plan was to get another plane to take us to Dallas, Tx. I called the airline and got booked on another flight just in case. I ended up staying on the same flight which left four hours late. This flight was supposed to continue onto San Diego, but once in Dallas they said the flight to San Diego was out of a different gate. So I called the airline again and found out I wasn't booked on that flight, so they booked me and I got to the gate in time to board the plane. I have a AA Advantage Gold card and there is a special number you can call and talk to some without being put on hold or going through an automated menu system. Once in San Diego, now four hours late, I waited for my check-in bag and was surprised that it arrived too! Another 20 minute wait for the shuttle to take me home didn't make my day any better, but at least I'm home.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The whole summer has sucked for travel but like you said, at least you're home.