Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Strong Storm

Last night I woke up at 2 AM to the sound of strong rain and wind. I looked out my window and it looked like a hurricane was passing over. My condo is surrounded by eucalyptus trees which fall over easy in strong wind, and they were swaying back and forth ready to fall. Then I looked out my front window and saw one of those trees lying across a nearby road, blocking two cars, and it looked like the tree had fallen on a parked car. There was also a driving rain coming down almost sideways. I tried to sleep but I was too worried that a tree was going to fall on my home. I finally did sleep, and when I woke up and looked out side it looked like a disaster area. When I drove to the gym, I saw trees laying on the ground everywhere, including one that landed on a condo near mine - so I wasn't being paranoid last night. I saw on the news that over 100 eucalyptus trees toppled over in my neighborhood. Now it is cloudy outside with a mild wind blowing - time to clean up the mess.

No comments: