Saturday, December 18, 2004

I'm Gonna Get Fat

Food, food, food. This is a weekend of eating food and attending parties. Thursday I ate lunch with the people I work with. This is the first time in the seven years I've worked on this project that we have had a group lunch at Christmas time. Even one retiree joined us. On Friday I partook in my company holiday potluck. There was enough food to feed everyone ten times over. I don't know what happened to the leftovers. This is the one time a year when I see people I used to work with. I haven't worked at the company office in nine years, and we have many employees, including me, working all over town. I spent over two hours eating and talking before I loosened my belt and headed back to work. Today I'm going to my friends annual Christmas party, where there will be lots of food, beer and shots of exotic drinks. If I survive tonight then Sunday it's off to my sister's house to watch the extended version of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. This movie viewing will include more beer and food. By the time I get to work on Monday, I'll be looking more like Santa, except I won't be wearing a red outfit, hopefully. Sounds like I'm finding my holiday spirit, but not took much spirit like that guy in the Jack In The Box commercial.

No comments: