Saturday, May 22, 2004

Willow Has Arrived

On Friday my five Willow action figures arrived! There is a story behind these Willows, as you may have guessed. The original Buffy the Vampire Slayer (BtVS) action figures were produced by a company called Moore Action Collectibles (MAC). Their figures were very popular, but after BtVS was canceled, MAC stopped producing new action figures. Then, last year, MAC announced that due to an increase in demand for BtVS figures, they were starting a new line of figures, beginning with six different Willows. I signed up as a member of their collectors society so I would have first access at buying them. I was able to buy a pre-production White Witch Willow, of which they only made 995. I then pre-ordered all six Willow figures. Sometime in March, MAC sold the BTVS (and Angel) action figure rights to a company called Diamond Select Toys (DST). During the transition, many people, including me, had their orders lost. (This is based on usefull information I read from a BtVS figures forum.) By the time I found out, DST had already sold-out their White Witch Willows. So I ordered the other five and in one week they were delivered to my door. Now they sit on my wall for all to admire.


Diamond Select Toys

BtVS Figures Forum

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow, that was a lot about Willow. At last your collection is complete!