Saturday, April 18, 2009

Burnt Plastic

I spent this Saturday morning scraping burnt-on plastic off my Mustang's exhaust pipe. Not fun by necessary to stop the smell of burning plastic every time I drove the car. Last weekend I unavoidably ran over an empty one-gallon plastic jug and it got caught under my car. I dragged it for a few hundred feet until I hit a speed bump and the jug broke away. After that, every time I drove and then stopped, my car smelled like it was going to catch on fire. I was so worried that I stopped driving it during the week. But today I drove up to my brother's house and with his suggestions I (he) found the source of the smell, and after using two jack, a piece of wood, a piece of metal, two jack stands and an all-purpose scraper I was able to get most of the plastic scrapped off. There is some left because the bad smell is still there, so I'll just have to hope it burns off soon.

No comments: